I was tagged by Adena, one of my favorite Canadians!
The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves. 2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer. 3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post. 4. Notify the people you have tagged. 5. No tag backs.
MY 11 things:
1. My number one pet peeve is when people slurp their coffee or their cereal milk.
2. My favorite outfit to wear is jeans and a hoodie accessorized with a messy ponytail and flip flops.
3. I can't stand finger nail polish, but I love a good pedicure.
4. I have never donated blood, but it's one of the items on my bucket list.
5. On my next real vacation (not racecation) I plan on riding an elephant.
6. If I could have any pet in the world I would get a mini cow.
7. We live next door to Matt's parents.
8. My ten year plan includes living on a farm with lots of land and very few neighbors.
9. I despise chewing gum.
10. I have a love hate relationship with reality TV shows. I hate them, but I love to watch them.
11. I don't pee on my bike!
Adena's questions for me:
1. If I gave you $5000 right this minute what would you do with it? Put it in the bank...yeah I'm boring like that we have no more room in our garage for new stuff.
2. What’s in your fridge RIGHT NOW?Lots of stuff from our garden (tomatoes, watermelon, corn), eggs, celery, yogurt, Matt's chocolate chips, and a bunch of condiments that are probably past their expiration date.
3. Do you have any tricks to motivate yourself out the door on days when you don’t feel like working out?Thankfully when I don't feel like working out Matt usually does, and vice versa. We motivate each other...and if that doesn't work we use food (mainly cheeseburgers and ice cream, yum!) or guilt ourselves into working out.
4. What’s your favourite meal? Mom's home made pierogies!
5. Have you always been athletic? If no, what got you started? Uhm, define 'athletic'. I have always been into sports since I was a little kid (softball, gymnastics, cross country, track, soccer, etc.), but that doesn't mean I'm very good at them. I got into triathlon three years ago when our rec center advertised an indoor tri with the Cleveland Tri Club. I was too scared to participate, but Matt did, and ever since then I have fallen in love with the sport. My first tri was a local sprint where I swear I almost drowned. My second tri was a HIM...go big or go home!
7. Where is your favourite place to be? Home. Specifically, in bed, sleeping =)
8. Favourite song at the moment? Nothing stands out as my absolute favorite, but I am enjoying Neon Trees, Gotye, Fun, and some Nicki Minaj as of late.
9. What was the last thing that made you laugh so hard you practically (or did) cried? LOL. On the way home from Wisconsin Dells, this past weekend, I was so bored on our 9 hour drive that I made up a new game. These were the rules: Every time we drove past an animal you had to make the animal's noise. Whoever made the noise first got a point. You lost a point for missing animals and for making the wrong animal noise. The first person to 10 points won. (Matt refused to play so I played for him). When I got to the donkeys (and I do an awesome donkey impersonation) we both burst out laughing and it brought tears to my eyes. The game was so dumb it was hysterical. Plus my favorite thing in the world is making Matt laugh, so that added to the fun.
10. Starbucks or Tim Hortons? Never been to Tim Hortons, so Starbucks it is I guess.
11. What is your guilty pleasure? (Matt, don’t say it!!) Cinnamon Red Hot candies. I can eat a whole box in one sitting. I love them so much I gave them up for Lent last Easter ;) My questions for you: 1. Do you see yourself living at your current location for the rest of your life? If not, where would you like to live? 2. What is your dream job? 3. What's your favorite thing about yourself (physical or psychological)? 4. What is your favorite food that if you could eat it everyday without gaining weight, you would? 5. What is your favorite sport to watch in the Olympics? 6. What is the sport you wish you could compete at in the Olympics (even if you have never played this sport in your life)? 7. What is your favorite workout? 8. What is your favorite thing to do while riding the trainer indoors on a cold rainy day? 9. If you could go back in time and do one thing over or change one thing, what would it be? 10. If there is a book and a movie that are the same, do you prefer to read the book or watch the movie, or both, and in what order? 11. What is your favorite childhood memory? Tag! Your IT! (even if you have more than 200 followers): 1. Gotta Run Gotta Ride 2. Holy Spokes 3. Running with a Bottle of Wine 4. Irondiva 5. Julia Untapered 6.Tara Martine 7. Malaika Homo, Pro Triathlete 8. Ocular Triathlete 9. Run Today Tri Tomorrow 10. The Iron Family 11. Wife, Mother, Athlete