Being a member of the Revolution Three age group team has its perks. One such perk is taste testing different nutrition products. Recently, XPS Baking Company was generous enough to ship samples of their products to the team. Free food? Yes, please!
Each of us received four of their X-Series cookies including: Apple Spice, Cinnamon Raisin, Almond Cherry, and Espresso Chocolate. Unfortunately Matt and I were out of town when I received my cookies, so they sat in the mailbox for two days in over 100° temperatures. These cookies are made as naturally as possible with no preservatives, so I was a little worried about the effects from the heat, but I did eat them and am still alive to review the product ;)
The Apple Spice was my first victim. I ate this bad boy pre-swim workout. I was expecting the typical endurance nutrition 'blah' taste that you just have to deal with and gag down in order to get the calories, but I was pleasantly surprised. This cookie was good, as in I actually wanted to eat it and couldn't put it down, good! I devoured the entire thing within minutes. The flavor was excellent, tasting like apple pie, and the cookie was moist and easy to eat. It sat well during my swim workout and I had no GI issues whatsoever.
My second victim was Cinnamon Raisin which I are pre-bike/run brick. I thought the apple spice cookie was good, but this was even better. It tasted delicious with moist whole raisins and just the right amount of cinnamon spice, almost like something fresh out of the bakery! Unlike my previous experience, this cookie sat a little heavy on the bike ride, but I was able to work it off before the run and had no GI issues on the run.
|Cinnamon Raisin delight!|
|Nutrition info for almond cherry cookie.|
Tonight I have an Espresso Chocolate cookie lined up for my pre-swim meal ;)
Some quick info on the company and products:
- XPS Baking Co. is run by an accomplished triathlete and an executive pastry chef. Quite a nice combination if you ask me, experience in endurance sports and the associated products as well as experience in making things taste yummy!
- All cookies except the espresso chocolate are vegan and made without preservatives and other nasties.
- The cookies are baked to order and shipped the same day.
- With no preservatives, the cookies do come with an expiration date of 7-10 days, but will last longer if refrigerated. I will say that they do taste much better refrigerated as well.
- The cookies are packed with calories, sodium, and protein for peak performance on race day.
- XPS website: http://www.xpsbakingcompany.com
So, if you are in the same boat I am in and are tired of gagging down the same old nutrition bars and gels, or are having GI issues, give these cookies a try. They will not disappoint!!!
Thank you XPS for allowing Team Rev3 to sample your cookies! I look forward to purchasing some in the near future!