Since Christmas he has been playing this game on the order of 10 hours a day...EVERY DAY! If you think I'm being a little over dramatic let me summarize for you a typical weekday and weekend schedule in Matt's world:
- Wake up 5:15 and hop on the trainer. Don't let this fool you folks. He plays video games the emtire time he is on the trainer...generally for an hour and a half. This training is a mere cover for his video game addiction.
- Work. Again, don't let work fool you, because not only does he play FB games all day, but he also spends quality time researching Call of Duty tricks and tips.
- Come home let the dogs out and immediately its back to the video games, where he sits for the rest of the night unless interrupted by dinner or a quick workout. I say "interrupted" because clearly the dinner and workout are not a priority.
- Then he heads to bed at around 11 pm.
Total video game playing on a typical weekday = 7.5 hours.
- Wake up 5 am and head straight to the video games. Play until it's time to go to our group run (to which we are typically late because Matt spent all morning playing instead of getting ready).
- Get home around 10 am, shower, then straight to the video games for the rest of the day (again unless interrupted by food).
- Bed at 2 or 3 am....YES AM!!!!
Total video game playing on a typical weekend = 17 hours.
So, you see...it's not a mere exaggeration on my part. The man is clearly addicted and his family is suffering. The pups are neglected, his wife is neglected, we are left to fend for ourselves. The only time Matt talks to me anymore is to talk about the Juggernaut (?) suit that he stole, or the guys that he killed, or his new strategy and war tactics....YAWN!!!
I tried to have a conversation with him about Valentine's day (not that any girl should have to plan her own VDAY...STEP IT UP GUYS!!!) and this is what I got:
Me: Can we please do something fun and romantic for Valentine's day?
Matt: (Audible sigh and eyes rolling) What do you want to do?
Me: I dunno dinner and a movie, nothing fancy...
Matt: I suppose.
Me: Oh, and can you promise to please not play video games that day (holding my breath)
Matt: THE WHOLE DAY?!?!?!?
Me: Yes, the whole day! Your wife would like some attention!
Matt: (Sigh) I'll try.
I feel so unloved and am on the verge of going insane!!!! I used to think the girl in this video was crazy, but now I totally get her! She is me and I am her!!!