For those of you newbies out there who aren't quite sure how to properly train for a triathlon, or those of you veterans looking for some good course-specific training plans, behold the Rev3 Group Coaching Plans for 2012!!! This is something Rev3 is adding to their busy agenda this year and I, personally, think this it is an awesome idea. Here is the scoop:
Rev3 Group Coaching
At Rev3Tri, every athlete matters! We'd like to build upon this concept to bring our "family feeling and support" to help get each athlete to the finish line.
What each program will include:
* Monthly training program to include race specific guidance, equipment tips and nutrition suggestions.
* Password protected forum available to each athlete in the program. Rev3Tri Team, Rev3 Race Director and Rev3 Staff will all be available on the forum for continued support.
* Advanced information given before the general public is told to include: course updates, course maps, race director tips, coach tips, race weekend schedules
* On-course training days
* Race weekend meet ups, racing tips, motivation & strategy, meeting Team Rev3
* Webinars and online chats on specific training topics
Cost of program:
Initial $200 start-up fee which includes a Rev3Tri training kit, $25 off Rev3 entry coupon, sponsor goodies, and your username & password for your schedule and forum access. After the initial start-up fee, each additional month is $50.
When will programs start?
Knoxville January 16 (16 week program for both Oly and Half)
Quassy January 16 (20 weeks) February 13 (16 weeks)
February 20 (20 weeks) March 19 (16 weeks)
March 26 (20 weeks) April 23 (16 weeks)
Maine April 9 (20 weeks) May 7 (16 weeks)
Cedar Pt March 26 (24 weeks) April 23 (20 weeks)
Anderson May 28 (20 weeks) June 25 (16 weeks)
June 11 (20 weeks) July 9 (16 weeks)
Frequently Asked Questions?
Q: What is the quality of the training plans?
A: While the training plans are a more generalized plan, they are put together by pro triathlete, Carole Sharpless, who has over 10 years of experience. These plans are geared toward the specific course and distance that you select. They are perfect for beginner triathletes, or those of you looking for a course specific training plan.
Q: Do I need to be local to the race city?
A: No! Think of this as a virtual training program. Everything will go through a password protected forum where you will receive advice from pro triathletes, the race director, as well as the Rev3 age group team.
Q: Does Rev3 have something to offer if I am looking for a more personalized training plan?
A: Yes! Feel free to contact Coach Carole Sharpless and discuss coaching options with her!